Okay folks, it’s that time of year again. Time to select the 2009 Reader Survey Wine of the Year and 2010 Wine to Watch!
The Reader Survey Wine of the Year is intended for the one Washington wine in 2009 that stood out among those you tasted. The 2010 Wine to Watch is for a wine you tasted that will be released in 2010 that you believe will be exceptional.
Here is how it works.
Wednesday 12/2 to Monday 12/7 9pm
Nominate up to five Washington wines in each category via comment or e-mail, anonymous or otherwise.
Tuesday 12/8 to Friday 12/11 9pm
Vote for any three wines in both categories.
Saturday 12/12 to Wednesday 12/16 9pm
Vote for any one of the finalists.
Let the submissions begin!
Read about the 2008 Reader Survey Wine of the Year here.
Read about the 2009 Wine to Watch here.
Rules (the fine print, literally):
* Wines in both categories must be from Washington.
* Entrants for the Reader Survey Wine of the Year must have been released and/or available on shelves in 2009. In other words, don’t pick wines from several years back or several years forward.
* Entrants for the 2010 Wine to Watch must be wines to-be-released in 2010. These would be barrel samples or bottle samples of wines you tasted this year that will be released next year. Any wines that have already been released will be removed from the voting.
* If more than five wines are sent in for either category, I will cap your list at the first five so be choosey!
* If I can’t determine which wines were intended for which category, I will not include them in the voting so please make sure to specify this.
* Any entries sent in after 9pm on December 7th will not be included in the voting.
* Please note that I reserve the right to make changes to these rules if need be to preserve the spirit of the reader survey. If so, I will post these changes to the blog.