Today, as we begin to wrap up the year, it’s time to look back at goals for 2012 as laid out here. Succinctly stated, these goals were:
1. A rating system revision
2. Coverage of Oregon wines
3. Addition of other writers to this space
4. A revised site design
5. Improved access to the Tasting Note Database
6. Faster turnaround on wine reviews
7. Subscription charges for wine reviews
Let’s look at how we did.
1. Rating system revision: This was done at the very beginning of the year, and I will continue to use the revised system going forward.
2. Coverage of Oregon wines: I just barely scratched the surface here this year. Look for more in depth coverage in 2013.
3. Addition of other writers to this space: Photographer Richard Duval came on board earlier this year. Look for additional contributors in the future.
4. A revised site design: This was not completed in 2012 but remains a goal for 2013. Stay tuned.
5. Improved access to the Tasting Note Database: This is an in-progress project that I hope to roll out in 2013. In the meantime, the Tasting Note Database may be accessed here.
6. Faster turnaround on wine reviews: The results here were mixed throughout the year. It remains my goal to get reviews published as quickly as possible. Read stated policies under ‘Wine samples’ here.
7. Subscription charges for wine reviews: This did not occur in 2012 – though I didn’t hear anyone complaining! It remains my intention to do this.
Like many New Year’s goals, perhaps more misses than hits here but as they say, the best laid plans of mice and men. We’ll keep trying in 2013.